Monday, April 17, 2017

Film: The Handmaiden

I caught this at the start of the year at a festival but it now it's fully released I thought I'd pop along to the cinema and see it again. It was certainly worth seeing a second time and I'm glad I did. 
The original review is here but on a second viewing I was able to see how the storyline worked better than first time round and I was drawn much more to the cinematography which is stunning. The director of Delicatessen, Jean-Pierre Jeunet, once said that the best films feature shooting where any frame could be a painting, and I saw that here. Park has framed his shots brilliantly.

The only other thing I can add on this viewing? I'll never see wind chimes in quite the same way again.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...