Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Event: Virtually Dead


Virtually Dead is a pop-up haunted walkthrough and VR experience that has set itself up in Hackney for a few weeks, and I believe it has already sold out so what's the point in a review? Well I'm using the blog as a diary of what I've done this year so still need to write something.

However I've signed some paperwork promising not to give anything away so I won't go into too much detail. What I can say is that the cynic in me would always assume that sort of "don't tell" condition is a way to prevent bad reviews, so I'm pleased to say it's not that bad. Not great, not amazing, but definitely worth experiencing once.

The walkthrough section is alright. There are some good scares including one that I thought worked really well and doesn't lend itself to the usual "keep moving" walkthroughs that theme parks usually have. Performances are very good from all.

I can say that the VR provided by HTC is a lot of fun with two handed pistol shooting bringing out the inner-John Woo in me and I did alright at it getting into the 2nd tier on my first go. Tip, the sticker you get matches up with a chart in the bar. The organisers missed a trick in not recording the posturing that no doubt took place in the game and playing that at the end. 

Another thing to be aware of is that the event isn't in the same place as the pickup and you have to make your own way back.

As VR becomes more popular, and affordable I'm sure there will be more and more of these going forward and that's not a bad thing.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...