Saturday, April 30, 2005

XXX 2


The first one was OK.
This one was also OK.

Having endured "Chronicles of Riddick" I can't stand Vin Diesel anymore, sure he was good in Pitch Black but you can tell the fame has gone to his head. XXX was a nice franchise, and although the original didn't mention the agent would change each film I'm pleased they did.

I can't say a bad word about Ice Cube; growing up I was a big big fan of his music both in his NWA days and when he went solo (Yup, I was a wigger!!) and he's transitioned nicely into movies. Boys in the Hood is still one of my favourite films and for a debut he did great in that. He's done alright here too, he's typecast a little bit as the black man who fights the state but that needn't be a bad thing. Better him doing it than Vin trying to be an extreme sports star.

To be honest the film has no memorable bits whatsoever. As I type this, one day on, I can't recall any of the big scenes; oh one chasing a train and one on a boat. The thing I recall the most was the nice looking cars, clearly DUB Magazine and MTV's "Pimp My Ride" have moved modded cars into the mainstream. It was easy casting XZibit as the mechanic.

I saw this film at my new local cinema. I need to make sure next time I don't go too early in the day or sit within sweet throwing distance of the little kiddies who were in there at the same time. Of the 5 sweets that were thrown my way 1 connected. There should be a rule where we can bounce kids off the walls when they do stuff like that, but with the laws of the land more on their side than mine I sat it out. As Sean Connery said in his Oscar acceptance speech, "patience is a virtue".

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...