Friday, April 15, 2005

Moving home

Well today is the big day and supposedly one of the most stressful days, beaten only by getting married. Actually I'm pleased to say it went really smoothly even if the start wasn't as I liked.

I was actually woken by my dad entering the flat at 6 a.m. After getting dressed I showed him what needed to go and what should stay. I think he was pleased that I really had pretty much got everything sorted, well it had taken me the best part of 2 weeks to do so.

I then made my way down to the new place whilst he oversaw the loading of the van. My mum coordinates moves for the army so I had the loan of 3 of her guys and a van for the day. Saved me a small fortune and a lot of effort. The first worry that I had was that the van would beat me down but it didn't. I was there well in advance; although the loading was quick they took their time with the travel down, which I didn't mind at all.

My second worry was that there were 3 items that I didn't think would make it up the stairs, a large table, a dj console and the sofa. Fortunately, with some effort and coordination we managed to get the lot in. Woohoo!!

With everything unloaded, I spent the rest of the day unpacking which I think I've just about done. I've encountered a problem with the washing machine in that I can't get the plug to the socket without cutting the cable, the moulded plug is too big to get through the hole and I don't want to make the hole bigger. I've ordered my fridge and cooker and they will arrive next week. The other problem I have is that we're not allowed to put up sky dishes and I'm not in a cable area, which means I can only use freeview for digital TV; I would have liked to have had some more channels. So the money I would have spent on that will instead see me upgrading to a broadband connection which will enable both my PC and Playstation to be connected.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you're finally in. Enjoy it!

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...