Saturday, January 13, 2007

Where have I been?

So I was away for the holidays spending both Christmas and the New Year with the parents in North London. It was a nice break and a chance to unwind especially with the days we'd had leading into Christmas at work, they were manic to say the least after the website I look after attracted a little more attention than we'd have liked at that time of year. You can read more about it here.

Whilst the article isn't exactly 100% (are they ever?) it did mean there were a lot of changes to make at short notice in reaction to what happened and this had to be done whilst keeping the website up and running. All good fun, and with the overtime I did over the holidays the pay packet I got this month made it all worthwhile.

Having said that I did have the first problem with the flat at the same time and some of the money that I could have spent treating myself ended up being spent on that. My immersion heater went and needed to be repaired. The first company I went to gave a reasonable quote but never came around to do the work after the initial assessment; I think the guy was guaranteed more money elsewhere and took that option. I had no choice but to find someone else, who did the work, and found a couple more issues, and I ended up paying twice as much in the end. C'est la vie. Not being an electrician I can't challenge what has been said and I knew his rate before I agreed to let him do the work. There are a lot of people leaving big city jobs to become electricians and plumbers, I can see why!

So, I'm back home now and the flat is a tip, I really need to tidy it up but I'll do that when I know I'll have visitors haha!

I hope you all have a wonderful 2007

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...