Saturday, October 14, 2006

Even More Banksys

When I did my Big Banksy Walk I didn't find all of his pieces that I was looking for. Rather coincidentally I stumbled across two that I'd missed this weekend.

This one was a kid with a balloon, similar to the one I found in Hackney. It's on the South Bank just under Blackfriar's Bridge. I had missed this because on the other side of this pillar is a stencilled scene of gravestones, that I though was the Banksy, it hadn't occured to me to check the other side.

This one was the last one I looked for originally but by the time I got to the area, in the subways under Marble Arch, it was dark and there was no way I would have found it. In fact if it hadn't have been for two guys taking pictures of it I'd have missed it on this occasion too. It was nice to know that I'm not the only one who goes looking for this stuff and I gave them the link to this site so they could have access to the map, which they didn't have.

1 comment:

dying alone said...

My favorite banksky, as you call it, is near the National Theatre. It's painted on the steps leading down into the courtyard area. It's of a pirate woman, and it has "She walks gently like the night" attached to it. Art at it's finest.

You should check out my blog.
It has promises of being inspiring... or interesting, at least!

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...