Thursday, September 28, 2006

Dirty Sanchez


I really wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to see this or not, whilst I can happily sit through Jackass, that has a charm that this does not. These guys really do push the envelope in terms of stupid stunts but there is no chemistry between the particpants or the group dynamic that the Jackass bunch have.

They've basically built a series of stunts on a world tour into a pretty ropey story around having to display the seven deadly sins following a failed stunt involving a car crashing into a caravan that leads the protagonists to hell and a meeting with the devil. But you soon forget about that.

What we have is 90 minutes of pain, vomiting, crazy stunts, one of the guys (Pancho) being picked on and tons of other boyish stuff. Whilst I could stomach most of the scenes, one involving liposuction without the anaesthetic followed by a dare game where the loser has to drink the removed fat, was a bit too much and I was close to throwing up.

Had I done so there would have been no way I could have gotten out of it as I was the only person in the cinema watching the show, an indication of how popular this film is or isn't going to be.

Fortunately we have Jackass 2 in a couple of weeks which I know I can watch and enjoy without losing the contents of my stomach........I hope.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...