Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Where have I been?

The last two weekends have been spent away visiting Edinburgh and Cardiff. I am planning on writing up posts on both of those. However most of my absence from here has been due to my broadband breaking. My ISP has upgraded me to 8Megs without checking if my line can cope with the load, which it can't and as a result I have no access to the net.

It's supposed to be sorted later this week, but I doubt it will be.

Normal service will hopefully be returning soon..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Presumably this is the ADSLMax Up to 8MB service? If so, 20% of people upgraded have been having stability problems (with their ADSL line that is). This is because it takes your line up to its very limits (not necessarily 8MB - just the maximum it can achieve) and leaves little room (the SNR Margin) for any fluctuations in the line quality. A fixed speed service is generally more stable because there is usually a lot more gap left. Spare a thought for those of us where 256K is taking the line to the limit of its capabilities...

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...