Thursday, July 13, 2006

Blue Man Group

I had seen Blue Man Group before in 2002 at Las Vegas. They now have a show in London and I had been umming and ahhing about going again for weeks. With a night off of support on Thursday I thought I'd be spontaneous and go along.

For those that haven't seen them its hard to describe what they do without belittling their act but it is definitely worth seeing just because it is so different. Not much of it had changed since the last time I'd seen them but it didn't matter, as it was all good. There aren't many shows that insist on the front rows wearing ponchos. A taster of how mad this show gets.

They're best described as a percussionist trio who incorporate audio visual tricks into their acts. You've never seen anyone catch marshmallows as well as one of the troop, who doesn't even have time to swallow them before the next one is thrown his way. They make music from plumbing and also have routines with TVs for heads. See I said it wouldn't sound that impressive.

The finale sequence, which I'm not going to spoil here, completely blew me away, exactly as it did the last time I saw it. The music had changed this time however from KLF's "Last Train to Transcentral" to Donna Summer's "I Feel Love" but it didn't matter. Everyone left the venue with the same look of euphoria on their faces as I remember last time.

Its definitely worth seeing, if you are looking for things to do in London. I'm seriously considering going again.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...