Saturday, December 31, 2005

2005 - A year in review

I found this on Tom's site which he found somewhere else - and thought I'd give it a go for myself: A nice way to wrap up what I've done this year.

1.What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
Visit Japan and after nearly two years of trying, eventually become a home owner.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make them because I know I'll intentionally break them.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, not within arms reach anyway!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope, not within arms reach anyway!

5. What countries did you visit?
Austria, Holland, Hungary, Italy & Japan. All thanks to the Coaster Club.
2006 is probably going to be Norway, Germany, Ireland, France and all over the Eastern half of the US.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
Someone to occupy the other half of the double bed. I could claim a 50% refund with the amount of time it has been unoccupied.

7. What date(s) from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
16th December. I tried something that I had wanted to do for ages but was scared to do. Won't go into details because I will be judged on having done it, but I'm definitely glad I did.
7th July because some twats blew up our public transport and I had a nightmare getting home that day.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting to Japan, a place I'd been wanting to visit for years...

9. What was your biggest failure?
Inadvertantly ensuring there were NO turkeys to order on our website at Christmas. Quite embarressing really.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The annual ear infection and cold that always seems to hit in December.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Series 1 thru 4 of the Macgyver TV show (and you thought it would be the home? No way!)

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Lenny Henry for retiring from being funny, which I thought he did years ago. Now if his missus would follow suit, that would be great!

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
I don't get depressed. As for appalled? Can anyone remember the Kinga bottle incident on Big Brother? Crude, just crude.

14. Where did most of your money go?
On me! Yeah baby. Hurrah for self gratification and opulence.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The trip to Japan.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
Blur's "Song 2" for two reasons. One it was the song I was singing at the Karaoke on the Japanese trip when I was sent flying and almost knocked out. Also it was played by every act at the Fatboy Slim night which has seen my returning to clubbing.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? A little happier thankyou very much.
thinner or fatter? A little lighter, although it's not noticeable.
richer or poorer? A teeny bit richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Gone out clubbing.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stayed in, especially on weekends.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Family and work.

21. Who deleted question 21?
It was the smurfs but I hunted them down and rescued it.

22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Huh? What is that and why ask about 2 years ago?

23. How many one-night stands?
Shhhhhhh!!!!!!

24. What was your favourite TV program?
Lost and now I'm resorting to downloading episodes of the second series. Now when are we going to see a new episode? It's been ages!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is such a terrible emotion to have. I wouldn't waste the energy on doing that.

26. What was the best book you read?
"Is It Just Me Or Is Everything Shit" by Alan MacArthur & Steve Lowe

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Interpol or Dogzilla

28. What did you want and get?
A home that is my own. Now if I could just pick up a brush and decorate it then it would truly be mine.

29. What did you want and not get?
I was always told as a kid that "he who wants never gets". I'm grateful for what I do have and am not regretting anything I haven't had.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Saw 2 or Crash.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I hit 33 and I went out with friends and got drunk.

32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Haven't we already had this? A woman.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Jeans and T, oh and I did have the beard this year. I think it'll make a comeback in 2006. My plans to attempt a mullet in time for the American Trip has been ruined by my brother's wedding the week before I leave. He wouldn't forgive me if I appeared in the wedding pictures with it.

34. What kept you sane?
The voices...Ha Ha Ha Ha!

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hmmmm (stroking chin), probably Jolie in Mr & Mrs Smith (not the bondage gear though, she looked ridiculous in that outfit).

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't waste my effort on any of that, Blunkett's behaviour made me laugh. The "I bet he never saw that coming" joke was cracked over and over again.

37. Who did you miss?
Everyone, but that's down to having a shaky arm. When I get round to buying a tripod I'll be able to shoot everyone I aim at. (Do I mean camera or sniper rifle, you decide)

38. Who was the best new person you met?
By "new person" do you mean a baby? Then no-one. I loved the entire population of Japan, they are so friendly and love foreigners trying to speak the language. I almost had a feeling of celebrity with the looks and whispers I was getting just walking around.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
If you are are taken hostage whilst out collecting a chinese meal you can squirt the sachets of soy sauce into your assailants' eyes to blind them and make your escape. Believe me, watching Macgyver has trained me for a lot of issues that may come my way.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Woooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo (from "Song 2")

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...