Sunday, October 02, 2005

Friends Wedding

Fourth weekend in a row away from home (Japan, Japan, Alton & Drayton and now this) and I'm off to Wrexham for an evening reception of 2 friends who had got married. I was invited to the day's ceremonies but I would have had to be up at the crack of dawn to make it which I wasn't too keen on so I just went up to the evening reception.

It was quite a lengthy journey.
Train from Hackbridge to Victoria.
Underground from Victoria to Euston.
Train from Euston to Birmingham New Street
Train from Birmingham New Street to Wrexham General
Taxi from Wrexham General to the hotel.

In all about 5-6 hours.

The evening itself was really nice, not a huge affair, just nice small groups. The two of them seemed to have had a good day although Lisa, the bride, was constantly running around making sure everything was going ok. The evening ended with the DJ playing lots of Irish music to keep that contingent happy. Having consumed way too much cider I made my excuses and made my way to bed. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out for the count.

The journey back was just as complicated but I went via Chester and did a little sight-seeing there too. The taxi driver was kind enough to show me some of the major sights.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...