Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Wedding Crashers


Missed the train home so decided to take a lengthy detour to the cinema to see one of the films I had to catch up on. Wedding Crashers is not a bad film but Owen Wilson needs to move away from the "nice guy" roles as he's becoming a bit typecast. Once again he teams up with Vince Vaughn and Will Ferrel (albeit briefly). It's a predictable story about guys who play the field then fall in love then lose the women then reconcile as the end credits roll.

The film will stick in my mind for 2 reasons both of which are quote related.
The first is a term I will take to work to describe the sycophants that exist there.

"They're suckling at the power teat".

The second is much longer but nicely sums up dating

"I don't like the feeling. You're sitting there, you're wondering do I have food on my face, am I eating, am I talking too much, are they talking enough, am I interested I'm not really interested, should I play like I'm interested but I'm not that interested but I think she might be interested but do I want to be interested but now she's not interested? So all of the sudden I'm getting, I'm starting to get interested... And when am I supposed to kiss her? Do I have to wait for the door cause then it's awkward, it's like well goodnight. Do you do like that ass-out hug? Where you like, you hug each other like this and your ass sticks out cause you're trying not to get too close or do you just go right in and kiss them on the lips or don't kiss them at all? It's very difficult trying to read the situation. And all the while you're just really wondering are we gonna get hopped up enough to make some bad decisions? Perhaps play a little game called "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how it feels. Or, ouch, ouch you're on my hair."

I'm such a cynic sometimes.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...