Saturday, June 04, 2005

League of Gentlemen Apocalypse


Hmmm, what a weird film this was. Having never really understood the show I was completely out of my element. So why see it? Friends at work, who love the show, recommended it and so whilst I didn't really understand what was going on, I persevered with it and whilst not great it wasn't completely bad.

The story is that the residents of Royston Vasey, where the TV show is set, find their village being destroyed because the show writers aren't producing any more material. So they find a way into the real world to confront the writers who are busy writing new material for a new series called Evil King. So they also write themselves into that story to bring it to an end. All very weird indeed.

I knew the show was surreal but where did they come up with the idea of extracting a semen sample from a giraffe using an electric anal probe and having it ejaculate over a crowd of old women. Very weird indeed. The film also has some peculiar cameos e.g. Simon Pegg's arse as a message holder.

There were people in the cinema laughing extremely hard, I wasn't one of them. Perhaps I should borrow the series boxsets off workmates to see if it is good or not.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...