Thursday, April 14, 2005

Day trip to Gothenburg

In Sweden there is a great park called Liseberg that had invited the coaster club to the press launch for its new coaster, Kanonen. The flight was at 7 in the morning which meant I had to check in at 5. So starting at 4 in the morning, I knew this was going to be a long day.

The flight itself was only £50 return which makes a mockery of our train network. I couldn't even travel to the North of England for that amount.

The ride itself was a lot of fun. It has quite a powerful launch and because it does a lot in such a small amount of space the ride does not relent and throws you at all angles. The restraints are a little uncomfortable and I've come back with bruises on the shoulders; always a good sign of a decent ride (masochist I know). I'm glad I chose not to film on-ride as there were a lot of people smashing themselves in the face with their cameras as the ride launched; one guy even managed to take a blow to the throat.

The park had also opened their wooden coaster, Balder, which is the best wooden coaster out there (according to the enthusiasts anyway). It certainly was a lot of fun with airtime on every hill. I just about managed to keep my jacket on as it was being pulled from my back by the power of the ride.

I eventually got back home at around half past midnight, not good when I needed to be up the next day to move home, but I'm so glad I made the trip. Oh, and in case you're wondering, a day trip to Sweden is not common but I would definitely do it again.

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...