Saturday, April 23, 2005

Damn DVD box security

Whilst I was out shopping today I picked up a copy of hustle when I got it home I thought I'd watch the first disk but had a problem opening the box. Halfway down the side you should open there was a red square that seemed to be keeping the box closed from the inside. 2 screwdrivers and a pair of pliers were then brought into play and after 20 minutes I eventually broke into the box but totally destroyed it in doing so.

Even with the box open I still couldn't get the disk out, the red square was at the end of a red strip that run behind the box and prevented the springs that held the disk in place from being pushed to released the disk. I had to snap that to get the disk out.

It turns out that this is a new security system that the store had forgotten to take off when I made the purchase. I can definitely vouch for how good this security system is. It's called red tag should you be interested in stuff like this.

Oh, and I did eventually get to play the disk; very good it was too!

(2 hustle posts in one week, the BBC should be paying me commission)

No comments:

Tennessee

Tennessee is a landlocked state in the USA and is bordered by the following states. Kentucky to the North Virginia to the North-East Arkansa...